Some ramblings about me, I’m Craig Kilborn, 38 years old and I live in the UK. I work as a Lead Solutions Architect for SCC designing and implementing infrastructure and virtual desktop solutions.
One of the main reasons I enjoy virtualisation is that it combines many of my passions for storage, design, networking and servers.
I get a real kick out of helping clients achieve business goals through IT, as without them I wouldn’t get to play with all the cool stuff.
Due to the breadth of work I undertake, one of the main things is trying to keep up to date with qualifications from various vendors, it does help if you have a supportive company behind you who embrace your appetite for knowledge.
For those of you who like to know what others are doing, I hold the following industry certifications:
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate: Security (CCNA:S)
- HP APC – StorageWorks Solutions Architect (HP APC)
- HP ASE – Storage Solutions Architect (HP ASE)
- HP MASE – Storage Solutions Architect (HP MASE)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator (MCITP: EA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA 2008)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA 2003)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging (MCSA: M 2003)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE 2003)
- VCP – Desktop (VCP5-DT)
- VCAP – Datacentre Administration (VCAP5-DCA)
- VCAP – Datacentre Design (VCAP5-DCD)
- VCP – Datacentre Virtualisation (VCP4-DCV & VCP5-DCV)