W. Curtis Preston is an expert in backup & recovery systems; a space he has been working in since 1993. He has written three books on the subject, Backup & Recovery, Using SANs and NAS, and Unix Backup & Recovery. Mr. Preston is also an independent consultant and writer and has spoken at over 300 seminars and conferences around the world.
Preston founded TruthinIT.com, a website dedicated to providing end user companies with unbiased product and strategy information. In 2011, TruthinIT.com will begin the industry’s only completely independent testing of storage products.
Preston’s newest offering, Backup Central Live! is a free seminar series for end users, dedicated to helping them make sense of the many technology options presented to them.
Whether it’s through TruthinIT.com, BackupCentral.com, or Backup Central Live!, Preston’s mission remains the same: arming today’s IT managers with truly unbiased information about today’s storage industry and its products.
Specialties:backup and recovery, public speaking, writing
Links with Tag @WCPreston
- Is a Cloud Gateway Enough?
- Getting Object Storage Ready for the Enterprise – Scality Briefing Note
- Creating Private Cloud Storage that you can Actually use
- Primary Data adds NFS services to VSAN
- Can a Deep Archive in the Cloud be Useful?
- Do you Always Need to Backup?
- Not all “Inline” Dedupe is actually Inline – and it matters
- Moving Data Between Clouds w/AltaVault & OnCloud
- NetApp Finally Pivots
- vSphere tackles the Hyperconverged Infrastructure World: VMware VSAN 6.2