Would you like to be a Gestalt IT Field Day Delegate? The good news is that our delegate selection process is open and flexible – no one is excluded from potentially being part of our events. The bad news is that we can’t take everyone who would like to go. Read on to learn how you can be part of Tech Field Day in the future!
Our selection process is based on a simple idea: We want to bring together just the right group of people for every event regardless of where they come from! Qualification is based on who you are and what you do, and no one is excluded.
We are looking for the following key characteristics in our Field Day delegates:
- Independence – This is a state of mind, but employment status comes into play as well. Are you open-minded and willing and able to consider and recommend products and technologies based on their own merits? Independent critical thinking and discussion is a crucial part of the Field Day experience!
- Contribution – Are you a selfless contributor to the advancement and sharing of knowledge? Field Day Delegates devote hours every day writing, advising, and supporting the technology community. Attending Field Day events gives them knowledge and connections they can use and share.
- Knowledge – Field Day Delegates open up the hood and explore technology, discovering how and why things work. The are authoritative experts and the Field Day events are a chance to dive deep, applying what they know and learning more.
- Fit – Each Field Day event is like a dinner party: The selected Delegates must be able to come together as a group, with everyone adding to the discussion. Some of our events are focused on a certain area of technology, while others celebrate the diversity that gives Gestalt IT its name.
It is never easy selecting delegates for a Field Day event. We narrow our list based on the criteria above, sorting and weighing each individual to pick just the right group. The ideal event includes many first-timers along with a few repeat delegates to help the group to gel. Selection isn’t automatic, even for past delegates, and space is always limited.
How to Get Selected
It’s easy to get selected: Excel in independence, contribution, and knowledge and fit in with the event! But this isn’t something you can try to accomplish. Instead, it’s something you do naturally. The best Field Day Delegates are selected because they naturally do all of these things every day!
Although there is no secret recipe for being selected, here are a few tips to help you along.
- Become active in your field – Start a blog, support users in a forum, join a user group, or write tutorials – the possibilities are endless!
- Claim your name – It’s difficult to get to know someone who keeps their identity hidden. Make sure you have “about” pages, boxes, and profiles including your name and employer.
- Be yourself – Have some personality and show the world why they would want to get to know you better. Be yourself, not who others want you to be.
- Be visible – Get a Twitter account, register on LinkedIn and Facebook, and set up a Google profile. It’s a connected world, so make yourself easy to find.
- Tell us – Fill out the form below, and get to know the current set of Field Day Delegates. Let us know you’re interested and share what you’re doing.
A pleasant side effect of these efforts is your growing stature in the community and contribution to its advancement. That’s good for everyone!