Alex Galbraith is a Solutions Architect with a keen focus on cloud, VMware virtualisation and storage, who spends his time helping customers to translate their business requirements into technical solutions at a leading global managed services provider.
Working across multiple industry verticals since 2004, Alex has been involved in designing, building and managing numerous estates, as well as providing technical consultancy for a number high profile projects including the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the NHS NPfIT.
He holds various vendor certifications from VMware, AWS, Microsoft, Citrix and Cisco, as well as architectural qualifications from TOGAF and the BCS.
Alex lives in the UK with his wife and two mischievous daughters. When not spending time with them, he can generally be found tinkering with his home lab, pottering in his man cave, studying for his next IT certification or trying to figure out what this cloud thing is really all about…
A keen blogger, podcaster, community member, vExpert and regular attendee of the London and UK VMUGs, it’s a struggle to keep him quiet!
Links with Tag @AlexGalbraith
- Scale-Out Doesn’t Just Mean Applications
- I Like Big Files and I Cannot Lie
- Scale-Out. Distributed. Whatever the Name, it’s the Future of Computing
- SPEP03 – TFD12 | Open TechCast
- Tech Field Day 12 (TFD12) – Preview
- VulcanCast Follow Up – A few thoughts on 60TB SSDs
- Data Corruption – The Silent Killer
- Cohesity Announces Cloud Integration Services
- NetApp – Is This The Dawn Of A New Day?
- Words Mean Things, Apparently – Deduplication Myths Explored
- Storage Field Day 9 – Behind the Curtain
- You Had Me At Tiered Non-Volatile Memory!
- Violin Memory Have Cool Technology, But Do They Have A Future? I Hope So!
- Secondary Can Be Just As Important As Primary
- Looking Forward to Storage Field Day 9
- Why are storage snapshots so painful?
- Where and why is my data growing?…
- Software Defined Storage Virtualisation – How useful is that then?
- How often do you upgrade your storage array software?
- Without good Analytics you dont have a competitive storage product
- Looking Forward to Storage Field Day 8
- Tech Startup Spotlight – Hedvig