For twenty years, Scott D. Lowe has served in various capacities in a number of companies and private institutions, including Hamilton College in Clinton, New York, Elmira College in Elmira, New York, and as the Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri. In addition to serving as the chief information officer for three organizations, Scott has established himself as a well-known technology analyst and author. He has written more than 3,000 articles for such sites as CBS Interactive’s TechRepublic.com, Wikibon, TechTarget, and many more. Mr. Lowe is also the author or co-author of four books and is the creator of ten video training courses for TrainSignal.
Mr. Lowe has also served as a technology consultant for CampusWorks, Inc., a well-known higher education technology consultancy providing world class technology competency to colleges and universities. In this role, Mr. Lowe performed a number of Information Technology assessments, business process reviews, and project implementations. On his own, Mr. Lowe has also performed technology consulting activities that include systems implementations, comprehensive technology assessments, and planning assistance. He has established a reputation as a creative problem solver and has partnered with Dr. Lamkin to bring our joint expertise to the overall business of the institution.
Links with Tag @OtherScottLowe
- Latency: The King of Storage Performance Metrics
- IT as a Change Agent: It’s Time to Look Inward, Starting with Storage
- Overcoming “New Vendor Risk”: Pure Storage’s Techniques
- So, What is Secondary Storage Cohesity-Style?
- Data Awareness Is Increasingly Popular in the Storage Biz
- Crowd-sourced Metrics and Automated Support Should Be Key Features In Your Next Storage Array – It’s Good For The Business
- DIMM-Based Storage (Memory Channel Storage) Is A Bright Idea
- Infinio Accelerates The Accelerator, Adds Block Support
- Software Defined Storage Is Officially “A Thing” And Worth Considering For Your Data Center
- Don’t Let Raw Storage Metrics Solely Drive Your Buying Decision
- Big Data is Coming After Your Data Center And That’s a Good Thing
- Marco Broeken, January Virtualization Pro of the Month
- VMware VSAN Vs The Simplicity Of Hyperconvergence
- CIOs Should Require Analytics As Part Of Vendor Infrastructure Support
- Business Needs Dictate The Importance Of Scale Up Vs Scale Out Storage
- Four Trends That CIOs Should Not Ignore
- Determining Storage Performance Needs is Part Science and Part Art
- Nimble Storage’s Scale To Fit and Proactive Wellness Features Simplify IT
- Successful Backup and Recovery Requires Good Orchestration
- CommVault outlines Simpana 10 at Tech Field Day 9
- Hybrid Storage: Buy Now, Add Workloads Later And Enjoy Additional Value
- Simplicity and transparency are becoming standard features in storage
- Hyper-Convergence and Commoditization for CIOs – Wikibon
- The brewing battle between hybrid and all-flash storage
- Perhaps the sexiest demo the Tech Field Day delegates have ever seen?
- Why do products work (or not work) well with one another?
- Two Emerging Wireless Standards That May Affect CIOs