|Data Field Day 1||May 13–15, 2015|
What: Field Day
Where: San Francisco, Silicon Valley
From big data to analytics to hyperscale architecture and cloud security, a new wave of innovation is transforming IT. The old way of doing things can’t keep up with the proliferation of data and micro-services essential to deliver services to mobile devices and the Internet-connected world. These “new stack” companies and technologies have a different audience from the traditional networking, storage, and server virtualization topics that have long come to Networking Field Day, Storage Field Day, and Virtualization Field Day.
That’s why we created Data Field Day! The name of our newest event was chosen to encompass the many aspects of non-traditional web-scale technology. In the spirit of “Gestalt IT”, we feel it is best to take a holistic approach to these technologies, and our first-even event includes companies and delegates with diverse focus. Many of our delegates have a background in traditional IT but are exploring this new world along with their audiences. Others are firmly planted in this new space. And our online audience is self-selecting, with most viewership coming as a result of web searches and keywords. This guarantees relevance for our presenters.
Data Field Day will also include a special Ignite-style event the evening of Wednesday, May 13. Join us in San Francisco for lightning talks about cloud security, scalable data platforms, DevOps, containers, and many topics besides!
Watch Recorded Video
Delegates are selected by the Field Day Delegate community. For more information on our selection process, please see our page about becoming a Field Day Delegate.
IT Architect with focus on virtualization, cloud and storage
Native New Orleanian, Database Professional, Lover of food and wine, cyclist. Microsoft SQL Server MVP
I like SMBs and Windows
Leader of the TechReckoning community, podcaster, blogger, analyst
Josh Luedeman is a Consultant for Pragmatic Works, that works on projects involving Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Cloud Architecture.
Justin is a consultant and freelance journalist who enjoys coding in Python and words that are fun to say, like 'llama' and 'shenanigans'.
Data Evangelist and Architect
Cloud Computing/ Big Data/ Open Data Analyst & Consultant. Writer, Speaker & Moderator. Gigaom Research Analyst. Based in UK, clients world-wide.
Technology Evangelist, Analyst, Startup Advisor, Geek
BI Professional enjoying family, business intelligence, data, music, and DJ-ing. BBBT member.
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
|Wednesday, May 13||13:00-15:00||Cloudera Presents at Data Field Day 1|
|Wednesday, May 13||16:00-17:00||Data Field Day 1 Delegate Roundtables|
|Wednesday, May 13||18:00-21:00||Ignite Data Field Day 1|
|Thursday, May 14||8:00-10:00||HGST Presents at Data Field Day 1|
|Thursday, May 14||10:30-12:30||SanDisk Presents at Data Field Day 1|
|Thursday, May 14||14:30-16:30||Hedvig Presents at Data Field Day 1|
Links with Tag #DFD1
- Tech Startup Spotlight – Hedvig
- Erasure Coding For Fun and Profit
- How Cloudera build a successful OpenSource strategy
- Data, Big Data, and Data Field Day 1
- Why Tech Companies Fail To Tell Their Own Story
- DFD1 More about data or storage?
- What’s the Point of a Data Hub?
- Avinash Lakshman (CEO and cofounder) talks about Hedvig
- Explaining Technology’s Value
- Why Silicon Valley Tech Companies Can’t Tell Their Own Story
- DFD1 Disclosure
- Follow Live: Data Field Day 1
- I will be at Data Field Day 1
- Data Field Day 1
- Data Field Day #1: HGST presentation
- Data Field Day #1: SanDisk
- Data Field Day #1: Hedvig
- Data Field Day #1: Cloudera Presentation
- Join me at Data Field Day 1
- Ignite Data Field Day
- DFD1: The Journey Begins
- DFD1 Prep Post: Sandisk
- I’ve been invited to Data Field Day 1
- Follow Me To The Data Field Days [Live Broadcast]
- Personality Matters More Than Code As Hadoop Vendors Battle For Supremacy
- DFD1 Prep Post: Cloudera
- Data Field Day 1
- Data Field Day 1, Here I Come
- Hyper-convergence, divergence and micro-convergence
If you would like to sponsor or attend these events as a delegate, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at [email protected] or call +1(508)451-9532.