|Next-Generation Storage Symposium||November 7, 2012|
Where: Silicon Valley
Enterprise data storage is changing, and storage architectures must change as well. Hot storage startups are making a splash with new ideas, but the existing players aren’t slow to respond. This makes storage one of the most diverse and interesting areas of IT today!
On November 7, 2012 the industry will come together at the Next-Generation Storage Symposium! This all-day in-person event features panelists from key enterprise storage companies and will be moderated by independent experts, including Stephen Foskett, Robin Harris, Chris Evans, Howard Marks, and Scott D. Lowe.
The Next-Generation Storage Symposium will be followed by the invite-only Storage Field Day on November 8 and 9. Both events will be streamed live at TechFieldDay.com and will include many of the Field Day delegates.
- When: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Where: DoubleTree Hotel, San Jose, CA, Donner Room
- Who: Anyone with an interest in enterprise storage (end users, press/analysts, and vendor employees welcome!)
- How: Claim your free ticket at our EventBrite page!Free lunch will be served, courtesy of Permabit!
Note: We have multiple ticket types. Please select “General Attendee” unless you were specifically invited by one of our sponsors.
The Next-Generation Storage Symposium is an all-day conference with a single “track” so our guests can take everything in!
- Introductory presentations by our sponsoring companies
- A free buffet lunch for everyone
- Keynote speech by Robin “StorageMojo” Harris
- Panel discussions on key topics in enterprise storage
Join us Tuesday evening for Storagebeers at Faultline Brewing!
About the Organizers
Tech Field Day is a regular event that brings together vendors and independent thought leaders to share information and opinions in a presentation and discussion format. Independent bloggers, freelance writers, and podcasters have a public presence that has immense influence on the ways that products and companies are perceived and by the general public.
Watch Recorded Video
Moderators and Speakers
In addition to the sponsors listed above, we are pleased to have independent influencers moderating and participating in panels. The event also features a keynote speech as noted above!
|Chris M Evans|
Chris is a UK-based consultant with an interest in all technologies, focusing on storage, virtualisation and cloud.
Storage Analyst Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
|Scott D. Lowe|
Scott D. Lowe is an independent consultant, blogger, and author focusing on issues that affect the CIO and on the virtualization and storage markets.
Stephen Foskett is a writer and speaker on enterprise IT topics and organizes the popular Tech Field Day event series.
Order of the Day
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
Links with Tag #NGSS1
- Hybrid Storage: Buy Now, Add Workloads Later And Enjoy Additional Value
- Hyper-Convergence and Commoditization for CIOs – Wikibon
- Enterprise storage is in for an exciting few years
- Flash Drives as Replaceable Parts
- Next Generation Storage Symposium – 7th November 2012
- Storage QoS: The Next Frontier?
- Flash Storage for All
- Next Generation Storage Symposium
- And if you’re going to San Francisco…
- Storage Field Day 2 Approaches
If you would like to sponsor these events, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at email@example.com or call +1(508)451-9532.
Tickets for live attendance are available as indicated above, and the entire event is live streamed over the Internet.