|Storage Field Day 8||October 21–23, 2015|
What: Field Day
Where: Silicon Valley
Watch Recorded Video
Presenting sponsors are selected by the Field Day organizing committee. For information on becoming a Field Day presenter, please see our page about presenting at Tech Field Day.
Delegates are selected by the Field Day Delegate community. For more information on our selection process, please see our page about becoming a Field Day Delegate.
Solution Architect in the UK and independent blogger at www.tekhead.org. At 6'7" tall, obviously a 'massive' geek.
I like punk rock and storage arrays.
30% Independent analyst, 30% Blogger, 20% Event organizer. The rest is saved for new ideas.
Storage Analyst Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Sr Solutions Architect, IT generalist of 20 years of experience, #NetappATeam member, and crazy love of storage & datacenter networking technologies!
Storage, back-up and server virtualization consultant based in the southern part of the Netherlands.
|Josh De Jong|
Storage and virtualization guy. Occasional blogger, twitter addict, taker of naps.
Storage expert, unix curmudgeon, IT nerd, and sporadic blogger
Ray Lucchesi is president of Silverton Consulting, blogs at RayOnStorage.com, co-hosts GreyBeardsOnStorage.com podcast and has worked in data storage for over 30 years mostly in marketing and engineering new disk and tape automation products.
|Scott D. Lowe|
Scott D. Lowe is an independent consultant, blogger, and author focusing on issues that affect the CIO and on the virtualization and storage markets.
Storage specialist, virtualization, cloud. Blogging and tech communities at times.
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
|Wednesday, Oct 21||9:30 - 11:30||Coho Data Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Wednesday, Oct 21||12:30 - 14:30||Pure Storage Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Wednesday, Oct 21||16:00 - 18:00||Cohesity Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Thursday, Oct 22||8:00 - 10:00||Qumulo Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Thursday, Oct 22||10:30 - 12:30||Primary Data Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Thursday, Oct 22||13:30 - 15:30||INFINIDAT Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Thursday, Oct 22||16:00 - 18:00||NexGen Storage Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Friday, Oct 23||8:00 - 10:00||Violin Memory Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Friday, Oct 23||11:00 - 13:00||Intel Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
|Friday, Oct 23||14:00 - 16:00||Nimble Storage Presents at Storage Field Day 8|
Links with Tag #SFD8
- Cohesity Announces Hybrid Cloud Strategy
- Pure //Accelerate 2016 – FlashBlade
- Secondary Can Be Just As Important As Primary
- Pure Storage Announces FlashBlade, FlashArray//m10 and FlashStack CI Enhancements
- Nimble Storage announced their Predictive All Flash Arrays
- With FLASH, things are changing ‘in a flash’ !?
- Nimble Storage – InfoSight VMVision
- Bimodal IT needs bimodal infrastructures
- Cohesity Announces Cohesity Data Platform 2.0
- NexGen Storage: All-Flash Arrays can be hybrids too!
- Infinidat: Enterprise reliability and performance
- Are you going All-Flash? Nah, the future is hybrid
- Cohesity – Scale-Out Secondary Storage
- Cohesity – Secondary storage consolidation
- Qumulo: data-aware scale-out NAS
- Juku.beats 28 – Infinidat storage: multiple nine resiliency, high performance, $1/GB
- Cohesity is changing the definition of secondary storage
- Pure Storage – Enterprise Ready, Pure and Simple
- The Evolution of Storage Virtualisation
- Why are storage snapshots so painful?
- Software defined? No no no, it’s poorly defined storage (and why Primary Data is different)
- Juku.beats 27: NexGen Storage, QoS made easy
- Mobile devices as a cache for cloud data
- Violin Memory Announces Additions To FSP Range
- Understanding NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express)
- Pure Storage: Non Disruptive Everything
- NexGen Storage – The Future is Hybrid
- Where and why is my data growing?…
- Coho Data: storage transformation without disruption
- All-Flash symphony from Violin Memory
- Infinibox – Enterprise storage solution from Infinidat
- Has the next generation of monolithic storage arrived?
- Juku.beats 25: Qumulo, data-aware scale-out NAS
- PB are the new TB, GreyBeards talk with Brian Carmody, CTO Inifinidat
- NexGen Storage – Storage QoS and other good things
- Infinidat: awesome tech, great execution
- Storage Field Day 8 – Wrap-up and Link-o-rama
- Intel – They really are “Inside”
- Cohesity Wants All Of Your Data
- Intel 3D XPoint and NVM Express – Data Locality Matters For Hyper-Coverged Systems
- Betting Against Intel and Moore’s Law for Storage
- Software Defined Storage Virtualisation – How useful is that then?
- Qumulo – Storage for people who care about their data
- INFINIDAT – What exactly is a “Moshe v3.0”?
- Coho Data – It’s numerology, but not as we know it
- Primary data’s path to better data storage presented at SFD8
- Nimble Storage – InfoSight is still awesome
- Primary Data – Because we all want our storage to do well
- How often do you upgrade your storage array software?
- Pure Storage – Orange is the new black, now what?
- We are entering the Data-aware infrastructure era
- Violin Memory – Sounds a lot better than it used to
- Without good Analytics you dont have a competitive storage product
- Cohesity – There’s more to this than just “Secondary Storage”
- Storage Field Day 8 – (Fairly) Full Disclosure
- Live Streaming Video Adds to the Tech Field Day Experience
- Coho Data, the packet processing squeeze and working set exploits
- Cohesity at Storage Field Day 8!
- Can Violin Step back From the Brink?
- IT as a Change Agent: It’s Time to Look Inward, Starting with Storage
- Overcoming “New Vendor Risk”: Pure Storage’s Techniques
- So, What is Secondary Storage Cohesity-Style?
- Data Awareness Is Increasingly Popular in the Storage Biz
- Storage software can change enterprise workflow
- Redefining Secondary Storage
- Storage Field Day 8 – Day 0
- Wow it’s early – Traveling to Storage Field Day 8
- Cohesity Data Platform is now GA
- Thoughts in the Airport
- Storage Field Day 8 Brings the Enterprise Storage Industry Together
- it’s storage prime time!
- Tech Field Day Calling…!
- Storage Field Day Here I Come!
- Analytics, the key to (storage) happiness
- Storage Field Day – I will be attending SFD8!
- Looking Forward to Storage Field Day 8
- Storage Field Day 8 – Here I come!
- Infinidat’s Solution For the I/O Blender: Math
- Storage Field Day – I’ll be at SFD8
- Pure Storage FlashArray//m
- Pure Storage Announces New Hardware Platform – FlashArray//m
- Pure Storage Announces FlashArray//m, Evergreen Storage and Pure1
- Pure Storage Announces New Program, New Hardware, New Software Services
If you would like to sponsor or attend these events as a delegate, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at [email protected] or call +1(508)451-9532.