Dave Henry, Scott D. Lowe, Alex Galbraith, Howard Marks, Matthew Leib, Claire Chaplais, Mark May, Justin Warren, Stephen Foskett, W. Curtis Preston, Richard Arnold, Vipin V.K., Chris Evans, Enrico Signoretti
|Storage Field Day 9||March 16–18, 2016|
What: Field Day
Where: Silicon Valley
Watch Recorded Video
Presenting sponsors are selected by the Field Day organizing committee. For information on becoming a Field Day presenter, please see our page about presenting at Tech Field Day.
Delegates are selected by the Field Day Delegate community. For more information on our selection process, please see our page about becoming a Field Day Delegate.
Solution Architect in the UK and independent blogger at www.tekhead.org. At 6'7" tall, obviously a 'massive' geek.
|Chris M Evans|
Chris is a UK-based consultant with an interest in all technologies, focusing on storage, virtualisation and cloud.
IT Jack-of-all-trades with strengths in storage and virtualization, gadget geek
30% Independent analyst, 30% Blogger, 20% Event organizer. The rest is saved for new ideas.
Storage Analyst Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Justin is a consultant and freelance journalist who enjoys coding in Python and words that are fun to say, like 'llama' and 'shenanigans'.
Storage expert, unix curmudgeon, IT nerd, and sporadic blogger
Long time engineer, and presales architect specializing in Storage, VIrtualization and Orchestrations in the cloud.
Storage and virtualization guy trying to make complicated stuff simple
|Scott D. Lowe|
Scott D. Lowe is an independent consultant, blogger, and author focusing on issues that affect the CIO and on the virtualization and storage markets.
Storage specialist, virtualization, cloud. Blogging and tech communities at times.
|W. Curtis Preston|
O'Reilly Author, Backup Expert, Founder of Truth in IT
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
|Wednesday, Mar 16||10:00-12:00||NetApp Presents at Storage Field Day 9|
|Wednesday, Mar 16||14:00-16:00||Plexistor Presents at Storage Field Day 9|
|Wednesday, Mar 16||16:30-18:00||Storage Field Day 9 Delegate Roundtables|
|Thursday, Mar 17||8:00-10:00||Violin Memory Presents at Storage Field Day 9|
|Thursday, Mar 17||10:30-12:30||Intel Storage Presents at Storage Field Day 9|
|Thursday, Mar 17||14:00-16:00||Cohesity Presents at Storage Field Day 9|
|Friday, Mar 18||9:00-11:00||VMware Storage Presents at Storage Field Day 9|
Links with Tag #SFD9
- NetApp, Storage Class Memory and Hyperconvergence
- Nutanix Acquires PernixData and Calm.io
- VulcanCast Follow Up – A few thoughts on 60TB SSDs
- Why Primary Deduplication Is A Different Animal From Backup Dedupe
- Data Corruption – The Silent Killer
- TFD11 Introduction Plexistor
- Torus – Because We Need Another Distributed Storage Software Solution
- Cloud integration with Cohesity storage platform
- Databases vSphere and vSAN
- Cohesity Announces Hybrid Cloud Strategy
- Cohesity Announces Cloud Integration Services
- Cohesity Announces Cloud Integration for Their Storage Platform
- Cohesity is embracing the cloud power
- Tiering Isn’t Dead
- Not all “Inline” Dedupe is actually Inline – and it matters
- NetApp’s approach to Data as Fabric
- Moving Data Between Clouds w/AltaVault & OnCloud
- NetApp Finally Pivots
- Leader, in technology and in figures that matter – all in just 2 years
- Memory-based storage? Yes, please!
- Storage Field Day 9 – The High-Level #SFD9 Experience
- What is the best storage architecture?
- Hybrid Cloud and Data Mobility
- vSphere tackles the Hyperconverged Infrastructure World: VMware VSAN 6.2
- NetApp – Is This The Dawn Of A New Day?
- Intel, Storage, Bitrot, and Cosmic Rays
- VMware VSAN, When good enough becomes very good
- Words Mean Things, Apparently – Deduplication Myths Explored
- Build or Buy – A Tale of Two All-Flash Strategies
- 3 Reasons Why Storage Field Day 9 Was the Best One Yet!
- Storage Field Day 9 – Behind the Curtain
- Disclosure Post, Pure Accelerate and SFD9 Edition
- The NetApp future looks bright when embracing cloud
- Want to hear all about VSAN 6.2? Watch the #SFD9 recordings!
- You Had Me At Tiered Non-Volatile Memory!
- Latency: The King of Storage Performance Metrics
- SFD 9 Preview – NetApp Too Many Shoes?
- SFD9 Preview Intel – X Marks the spot
- SFD9 Preview – Will VSAN be THE SAN?
- NetApp is deONTAPifying itself, and this is good!
- Plexistor – More hope on the horizon for Large In-Memory databases
- Storage Field Day 9 Tracking Page
- Storage Field Day 9 at NetApp! – Live Blog | Why Is The Internet Broken?
- Violin Memory Have Cool Technology, But Do They Have A Future? I Hope So!
- Secondary Can Be Just As Important As Primary
- SFD9 Prep: Intel
- Storage Field Day 9 Preview: VMware
- SFD9 Prep: Cohesity
- Storage Field Day 9 – presenting companies
- Storage Field Day 9 Preview: Intel
- Storage Field Day 9 Preview: Violin Memory
- Storage Field Day 9 Preview: NetApp
- Storage Field Day9 Preview and How to Follow Along From Home
- SFD9 Prep: Plexistor
- SFD9 Prep: VMware
- SFD9 Prep: NetApp
- SFD9 Prep: Violin Memory
- Storage Field Day 9 – Let’s do this thang
- To Silicon Valley again – Storage Field Day 9
- A story of two “different” storage start-ups
- Looking Forward to Storage Field Day 9
- Confirmed for Storage Day 9
If you would like to sponsor or attend these events as a delegate, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at [email protected] or call +1(508)451-9532.