As Founder and Chief Scientist at DeepStorage, LLC Howard Marks provides the kind of practical, hands-on analysis that can only come from spending 30 years in the trenches.. As a consultant he helped organizations large and small including America Express, JP Morgan, Borden Foods, BBDO Worldwide and Foxwoods Resort Casino solve real world storage and network problems.
Now at DeepStorage he runs an independent test lab evaluating the latest in storage and data center networking products in beautiful Santa Fe MN and writing about them for multiple websites including NetworkComputing.com. An entertaining and energetic speaker Howard speaks regularly at industry events including Storage Decisions, Interop, SNW and Microsoft’s TechEd. He has written three books and hundreds of articles on networking and storage technologies.
Links with Tag @DeepStorageNet
- Why Primary Deduplication Is A Different Animal From Backup Dedupe
- GreyBeards talk Copy Data Management with Ash Ashutosh, CEO Actifio
- 33: GreyBeards talk HPC storage with Frederic Van Haren, founder HighFens & formerly Sr. Director of HPC at Nuance
- PB are the new TB, GreyBeards talk with Brian Carmody, CTO Inifinidat
- I Miss the Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer or Speaking at The Flash Memory Summit and VMworld
- VMware Endorses StorMagic for ROBO Server SAN
- What I’m Doing Instead of A Summer Vacation
- Gridbusters Made Me a YouTube Star
- Greybeards talk all-flash arrays with Dave Wright, CEO and founder of SolidFire
- Separating Storage Startups From Upstarts
- Throw More Storage At It
- Scale-Out Storage For Hyper-V
- Overland Storage SnapScale Scales Out But Falls Short
- I Guess I am A Big Shot – Storage Field Day Edition
- Coho Applies SDN To Scale-Out Storage
- Starboard Storage Shuts Down
- A Bad Combo: PernixData’s FVP and VSAN
- RAM Caching Vs. SSDs: A Startup’s Gamble
- Fusion-io Leaders Step Down in Executive-Suite Turmoil
- Fusion-io Buys Hybrid Startup NexGen
- It’s A Solid-State Symposium
- In IT, Everything Old Is New Again
- VC Money—Who Needs It?
- Starting a New Chapter
- Storage QoS: The Next Frontier?
- Hyperconverged Stacks from SimpliVity and Scale
- The Hyperconverged Infrastructure