|Storage Field Day 5||April 23–25, 2014|
Where: Silicon Valley
Watch Recorded Video
Presenting sponsors are selected by the Field Day organizing committee. For information on becoming a Field Day presenter, please see our page about presenting at Tech Field Day.
Delegates are selected by the Field Day Delegate community. For more information on our selection process, please see our page about becoming a Field Day Delegate.
Virtualization lover by day, Storage admirer by night
A hardcore IT generalist, virtualization expert, blogger, and vocal end user of technology.
|Chris M Evans|
Chris is a UK-based consultant with an interest in all technologies, focusing on storage, virtualisation and cloud.
An IT consultant, entrepreneur and passionate blogger at juku.it (not necessarily in that order).
Storage Analyst Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Justin is a consultant and freelance journalist who enjoys coding in Python and words that are fun to say, like 'llama' and 'shenanigans'.
Keith Townsend is the founder of Virtualizedgeek.com and is an IT management consultant with more than 15 years of related experience.
I'm a post-sales engineer focusing mostly on VMware, EMC and Cisco.
Just trying to survive in IT as a (woman) Sr. Systems Engineer with a focus on Messaging , Virtualization, Storage.
Ray Lucchesi is president of Silverton Consulting, blogs at RayOnStorage.com, co-hosts GreyBeardsOnStorage.com podcast and has worked in data storage for over 30 years mostly in marketing and engineering new disk and tape automation products.
Storage and SAN (performance) specialist. Love cats. Play volleyball. Ride motorcycle when there's any time left. Home improvement specialist.
Writer, Photographer, System Administrator, Team Builder, Cat Herder, Comedian, Part-Time Shopkeeper
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
|Wednesday, Apr 23||09:30-11:30||X-IO Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Wednesday, Apr 23||13:00-15:00||PernixData Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Wednesday, Apr 23||16:00-18:00||Scale Computing Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Thursday, Apr 24||08:00-12:00||EMC Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Thursday, Apr 24||13:00-15:00||SolidFire Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Thursday, Apr 24||16:00-18:00||SanDisk Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Friday, Apr 25||08:00-10:00||Veeam Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
|Friday, Apr 25||10:30-12:30||Diablo Technologies Presents at Storage Field Day 5|
Links with Tag #SFD5
- 3 must-watch startups from VMware alum
- #VFD4 Live – Scale Computing
- VFD4 Prep: Scale Computing
- Diablo Technologies at SFD5 and Updates
- SanDisk at SFD5
- VeeamOn, man ;-P
- What’s in PernixData FVP’s secret sauce
- Storage Vendors to check out at #VMworld 2014 (SFO)
- Episode 276 – PowerScripting Podcast
- Hyper-converged systems: What you need to know about this hot virtualization topic
- MCS, UltraDIMMs and memory IO, the new path ahead – part 2
- SanDisk’s organic growth (and flash commoditization)
- SanDisk Announces Acquisition of Fusion-io
- Justin Warren on SolidFire
- Justin Warren on EMC XtremIO
- GreyBeards talk backup with Rick Vanover, Product Strategy Specialist for Veeam
- What’s is Software Defined Storage – Techtalk 42
- MCS, UltraDIMMs and memory IO, the new path ahead – part 1
- Is Solidfire the Symmetrix of the cloud era?
- Greybeards talk all-flash arrays with Dave Wright, CEO and founder of SolidFire
- X-IO makes hardware-defined storage exciting
- Hyper convergence for the rest of us? Scale Computing
- Upcoming Veeam V8 Virtues
- Flash Shipment Bragging Rights
- XtremIO Offers Xtrem Tradeoffs
- Why abstraction (software-defined) is important – TechTalk 40
- Software-Define alternative to Hyper-Convergence
- SFD5: Full Disclosure
- These 3 hot new trends in storage will blow your mind! Okay, maybe not quite. (2/2)
- Scale Computing In The Goldilocks Zone
- RAM and Flash are the key for effective general purpose scale-out infrastructures
- vSoup Single Glass of Pain #46
- X-IO: Software-defined what?
- Nutanix and Scale: Two ends of the hyper-converged market
- The Good and the Bad of EMC at SFD5
- X-IO and Hardware Defined Storage
- PernixData FVP Introduces new features: In-Memory, NFS, Network compression and Topology awareness
- Is the software defined data center a VMware only concept?
- Re: SFD5 event and negativity / respect
- SFD5: Home Again
- Dispelling the FUD around iSCSI
- Two Big Vendor Takeaways from Storage Field Day 5
- News: New PernixData FVP Features: NFS, In-Memory Support
- How do you solve a problem like Invicta? PernixData and external high performance cache
- What just happened at Storage Field Day 5? An open letter to all
- The SolidFire Storage System: Reducing Complexity at Scale
- PernixData feature announcements during Storage Field Day
- PernixData announced NFS support and adds RAM to FVP
- Get Your #SFD5 On! SanDisk Enterprise to Present at Storage Field Day
- SolidFire Releases Element OS Version 6
- Storage Field Day 5 – Scale Computing Present
- SFD5 Journey Begins
- Storage Field Day 5 – what’s happening?
- SFD5 Prep Work: Veeam
- SFD5 Prep Work: Scale Computing
- EMC and VMware are disrupting Server SAN
- SFD5 Prep Work: X-IO Storage
- SFD5 Prep Work: Diablo Technologies
- SFD5 Prep-work: PernixData
- SFD5 Prep Work: Sandisk
- SFD5 Prep Work: EMC
- Interop Las Vegas 2014 – Highlights, Lowlights, Footlights
- Wet your VMworld whistle with this SDDC symposium
- Storage Field Day 5: What a storage show!
- Wet your VMworld whistle with this SDDC symposium
- Storage Field Day 5: Vendor Profiles Part 2
- Hey! Join us at the SDDC Symposium
- Storage Field Day 5 Vendor Preview
- All-flash and Garbage
- Software-Defined Data Center Symposium 2014
- Labworks #1: Building a durable, performance-oriented ZFS box for Hyper-V, VMware
- Announcement: I’m Going to Storage Field Day 5!
- Man Alive! PernixData Unleashes FVP 1.5
- Join the Tech Field Day family
If you would like to sponsor or attend these events as a delegate, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at [email protected] or call +1(508)451-9532.