L-R: Sam Clements, Tom Hollingsworth, Jennifer Huber, Lee Badman, Blake Krone, George Stefanick, Ryan M. Adzima, Jake Snyder, Stephen Foskett, Keith R. Parsons, Daniel Cybulskie, Chris Lyttle, Dale M. Rapp
|Wireless Field Day 5||August 7–9, 2013|
What: Field Day
Where: Silicon Valley
Watch Recorded Video
Presenting sponsors are selected by the Field Day organizing committee. For information on becoming a Field Day presenter, please see our page about presenting at Tech Field Day.
Delegates are selected by the Field Day Delegate community. For more information on our selection process, please see our page about becoming a Field Day Delegate.
Blake Krone is a Cisco CCIE Wireless and CWNP Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE) with experience designing and deploying enterprise class networks supporting hundreds of APs and multiple controllers for Voice, Data, and RTLS.
Rugby mad Kiwi and I do a bit of WiFi on the side.
|Dale M. Rapp|
Dale is currently an application project manager and has a passion for wireless networking and IT security.
Daniel Cybulskie is a Senior Security Consultant out of the Toronto, Ontario, Canada area.
George Stefanick is a Wireless Architect employed by a large healthcare system in the Texas Medical Center.
Jake is a Systems Engineer focused on designing and deploying wireless networks in the Pacific Northwest.
Jennifer has over 10 years of experience in the networking and wireless engineering industry.
|Keith R. Parsons|
Keith is Managing Director of Wireless LAN Professionals, and focuses his energy on providing great WLAN education, design and consulting to global customers.
Lee Badman currently writes for Network Computing Magazine as Wireless and Mobility blogger, and has over twelve years of professional industry analysis under his belt.
Ryan is a wireless networking engineer specializing in all things mobility from web apps to location services to WLAN design/deployment.
Sam Clements is an avid wireless technologist with a passion for all things mobility.
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
|Wednesday, Aug 7||08:00-10:00||Fluke Networks Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Friday, Aug 9||10:30-12:30||Xirrus Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Friday, Aug 9||14:00-16:00||Meru Networks Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Wednesday, Aug 7||11:00-13:00||Aerohive Networks Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Wednesday, Aug 7||14:30-16:30||WildPackets Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Thursday, Aug 8||08:00-10:00||AirTight Networks Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Thursday, Aug 8||10:30-12:30||MetaGeek Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Thursday, Aug 8||14:30-16:30||Motorola Solutions Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
|Friday, Aug 9||08:00-10:00||7signal Presents at Wireless Field Day 5|
Links with Tag #WFD5
- Xirrus Loses One, Wins One
- Goodbye, Motorola Wi-Fi. Hello, Zebra Technologies!
- Three Wireless USB Adapters in Every Hub, and Omnipeek On Every Laptop
- WLW048 – History of WLANs
- Fluke Networks Updates AirMagnet Survey For 802.11ac
- MetaGeek Updates Chanalyzer
- Xirrian- The Official Language of Wi-FI Experts
- WLAN Management: How A Hospital Tackles The Complexity
- Check Check, 123 AirCheck
- I ♥ WiFi: Three Wireless USB Adapters in Every Hub, and Omnipeek On Every Laptop #WFD5
- Aerohive Throws Hat Into The 802.11ac Ring
- MU-MIMO They’re not calling you names, they’re speeding up your Wi-Fi!
- Surveying for Gigabit WiFi is no Fluke
- Slow And Steady Wins Nothing
- Troubleshooting RF Problems: Fluke Launches Smart New Tool
- It’s Raining Packets
- AirTight Networks Cloud Management Console
- AirMagnet 802.11ac Beta
- Begun, the Chipset Wars Have
- Getting On Board with On-boarding products
- Troubleshooting done Motorola style!
- Gigabit Wi-Fi Design – More Devices, More Capacity, More Problems
- Operation Ninja WLAN Swap: Complete and AirTight!
- Can Single Stream Sniffing Work?
- Here’s What I Want NOW From My Wireless Management System
- 7signal’s WLAN Performance Tools: Intriguing But Expensive
- When Should You Upgrade to 802.11ac?
- Interference Mitigation Within the Xirrus Array
- Xirrus Blog Response
- Single Channel Architecture (SCA) and #WFD5: Let’s Discuss
- post is in response to Devin Akin’s recent blog entry
- Features, Products, Services… The Differences According to Aerohive
- Wireless Field Day 5 was “Sort of a BIG DEAL”
- A Complicated World Without Wires
- The Unstoppable MetaGeek – now with CleanAir!
- Where the Wild Packets Are
- Get To Know MetaGeek, Look at Your WLAN As You Really Should
- Cloudy with a chance of meat donuts
- What Meru and Xirrus Need to Do
- Reaching the RF Summit
- RF Aliens Arriving in Saucers
- It’s an Invasion! Oh, Nevermind. It’s Xirrus.
- Wireless Is So Not About Wireless Networking Anymore
- Cloudy with a Chance of Demos
- AirMagnet’s 802.11ac Treatment
- Gives You RF Wings
- The Sapphire Eye of RF
- The Little Adapter That Could… WildPackets Gives Us First 11ac Capture/Decode
- NMS UI and the Product Managers That Hate Us
- RF That is Tight
- Potato RF From MetaGeek
- 802.11ac Packet-Analysis Finally Arrives
- Visualizing the 802.11ac Wave With AirMagnet
- It’s the Bees Knees!
- AirTight Networks to Make its Live Tech Field Day Debut at Wireless Field Day 5 in Silicon Valley
- WFD5 Act I: The Saga Begins
- It’s all about the people
- Mark Your Calendars – Wireless Field Day 5 (Aug 7th-9th, 2013)
- WFD5 – Get Your RF On
- 802.11ac: Preparing to Troubleshoot
- Wireless Field Day 5: The Spectrum Strikes Back
- Studying for Wireless Field Day 5
- Wait, What? #WFD5 is NEXT WEEK!
- Updated #WFD5 Calendar
- Once More Unto The Breach, Dear Friends, Once More
- The Next Adventure: Wireless Field Day 5
- The ‘New’ Enterprise WLAN Vendor
- What I Hope To Get From Wireless Field Day 5
- Virtual High Five for Wireless Field Day 5!
- Wireless Tech Field Day #5 – Plan For It!
- Another Controller-less Wi-Fi Solution
If you would like to sponsor or attend these events as a delegate, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at [email protected] or call +1(508)451-9532.