|Storage Field Day 11||October 5–7, 2016|
What: Field Day
Where: Silicon Valley
Watch Recorded Video
Presenting sponsors are selected by the Field Day organizing committee. For information on becoming a Field Day presenter, please see our page about presenting at Tech Field Day.
Delegates are selected by the Field Day Delegate community. For more information on our selection process, please see our page about becoming a Field Day Delegate.
Trainer, Writer, Consultant, Geek. From New Zealand.
|Chris M Evans|
Chris is a UK-based consultant with an interest in all technologies, focusing on storage, virtualisation and cloud.
IT Jack-of-all-trades with strengths in storage and virtualization, gadget geek
System Engineer from Kosovo
Former British soldier turned technologist. Need more 'dev' in my 'ops'. #vExpert x2, #CiscoChampion x2, #NetAppATeam
James is a Partner at ActualTech Media, an author, speaker, and blogger on hyperconvergence, data center, and virtualization. vExpert, VCAP-DCA/DCD
Storage, back-up and server virtualization consultant based in the southern part of the Netherlands.
Marc is a storage industry expert who has written books and blogs and recorded many podcast episodes and videos about storage technologies and companies.
vExpert '13/'14/'15, Czech VMUG Leader. IT Operations Technical Manager/wannabe architect. VMware/Nutanix practitioner, blog author.
|Scott D. Lowe|
Scott D. Lowe is an independent consultant, blogger, and author focusing on issues that affect the CIO and on the virtualization and storage markets.
Advanced Virtualization Consultant based in New England.
|W. Curtis Preston|
O'Reilly Author, Backup Expert, Founder of Truth in IT
Most presentations are streamed live on this page, at TechFieldDay.com, and at some delegate and presenter web sites. After the event, the following pages contain video recordings of these presentations.
|Wednesday, Oct 5||9:30 - 11:30||Intel Presents at Storage Field Day 11|
|Wednesday, Oct 5||13:30 - 15:30||HGST Presents at Storage Field Day 11|
|Wednesday, Oct 5||16:00 - 17:00||Samba Team Presentation at Storage Field Day 11|
|Thursday, Oct 6||10:30 - 12:30||Scality Presents at Storage Field Day 11|
|Thursday, Oct 6||13:30 - 15:30||Avere Systems Presents at Storage Field Day 11|
|Thursday, Oct 6||16:00 - 17:00||Storage Field Day 11 Podcast Recording|
|Friday, Oct 7||8:00 - 10:00||Primary Data Presents at Storage Field Day 11|
|Friday, Oct 7||11:00 - 12:00||Keybase.io Presents at Storage Field Day 11|
Links with Tag #SFD11
- I Like Big Files and I Cannot Lie
- Building Data Storage With Containers
- Future Storage, Flash, and Cloud?
- Is a Cloud Gateway Enough?
- Getting Object Storage Ready for the Enterprise – Scality Briefing Note
- Building a hybrid cloud with Avere
- Avere Systems – is it a cache, is it a tier, does it even matter?
- Creating Private Cloud Storage that you can Actually use
- What’s The Deal With Containers, Anyway?
- Hardware has set the pace for latency, time for software to catch up
- Intel SPDK – A foundation block for new generation storage
- Primary Data adds NFS services to VSAN
- The Future of NAS is Object Storage
- Open-Source Hardware Designs – One step beyond commodity?
- Scality RING – Object Storage? Yes, but Software-Defined please!
- Can a Deep Archive in the Cloud be Useful?
- #SFD11 – Scality – One Ring To Rule Them All?
- Focus on High Performance NAS
- Have We Really Outgrown RAID?
- Greasing the Skids on Object Storage
- 10 on Tech Episode 013: J Metz on NVMe and NVMe-oF
- Cache or Tier – Does it Matter?
- Is Media & Entertainment the golden goose of Object Storage vendors?
- Do you Always Need to Backup?
- Vendor Briefing – Scality
- Storage Field Day 11 Previews: Intel, HGST
- I’m headed to Storage Field Day 11!
- Storage Field Day 11 Previews: Avere, Primary Data, Scality
- Storage Field Day 11, here I come!
- I’m Going to Storage Field Day 11
- Flying soon towards Storage Field Day 11!
If you would like to sponsor or attend these events as a delegate, please contact Stephen Foskett, Gestalt IT Community Organizer, at [email protected] or call +1(508)451-9532.